FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Can I still apply if I previously received a VKCSF scholarship?
Yes, previous recipients are eligible to apply but priority may be given to qualified applicants who have not received any VKCSF scholarship yet. This includes 2nd or 3rd time applicants who have not won any scholarships from previous years.
2. Will my application be considered if it is submitted past the application deadline?
Late applications will not be considered. It is important for you to follow specific instructions for submitting your application outlined in the Application Guidelines (i.e. naming convention, submission method, date etc.).
3. Can I email my documents directly to the VKCSF email address if I don’t have Google Drive?
Please submit your applications using Google Drive sharing your folder with all documents requested. Not following specific application instructions may disqualify your application.
4. How will I know if my referee submitted my reference letter?
It is important that you ask your referee to inform you once they have submitted the letter. It may help if you provide your referees with a specific date for submission.
5. Will my name and photo be published on your website?
Yes, this is part of the agreement for a recipient.
6. Will I be notified if I am not a successful candidate?
All of the applicants will be notified via email regardless of the outcome.
7. How will I know if my application is complete?
You must review the Application Guideline thoroughly and make sure all documents outlined in Step 2, 4 and 5 are submitted correctly and on time.
8. What if I can’t attend the awards ceremony for personal reasons?
This is a mandatory requirement. If you cannot attend it, we strongly recommend that a family member to attend the awards ceremony. Please contact us if you have any concerns for this requirement.
9. How can I submit my official transcripts?
Official transcripts can be emailed directly by the institution/school or mailed by the institution/school in an officially sealed envelope.
10. When does the foundation have to receive my transcripts by?
We will accept all official transcripts as long as they were requested to the institution before the application deadline.
11. Who is eligible to write my Letter of Reference?
Your Letter of Reference must be written by someone that can speak to both your Academics and Character. The ideal reference would be a teacher or professor and should not be a member of your family or a mentor from a religious organization.
12. How many reference do I need to provide in the online application form?
You need to provide one reference contact information in the online application form.