FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Can I still apply if I previously received a VKCSF scholarship?
Yes, previous recipients are eligible to apply but priority may be given to qualified applicants who have not received any VKCSF scholarship yet. This includes 2nd or 3rd time applicants who have not won any scholarships from previous years.
2. Will my application be considered if it is submitted past the application deadline?
Late applications will not be considered. It is important for you to follow specific instructions for submitting your application outlined in the Application Guidelines (i.e. naming convention, submission method, date etc.).
3. Can I email my documents directly to the VKCSF email address if I don’t have Google Drive?
Please submit your applications using Google Drive sharing your folder with all documents requested. Not following specific application instructions may disqualify your application.
4. How will I know if my referee submitted my reference letter?
It is important that you ask your referee to inform you once they have submitted the letter. It may help if you provide your referees with a specific date for submission.
5. Will my name and photo be published on your website?
Yes, this is part of the agreement for a recipient.
6. Will I be notified if I am not a successful candidate?
All selected candidates will be noticed by July 21, 2021.
7. How will I know if my application is complete?
You must review the Application Guideline thoroughly and make sure all documents outlined in Step 2, 4 and 5 are submitted correctly and on time.
8. What if I can’t attend the awards ceremony for personal reasons?
This is a mandatory requirement. If you cannot attend it, we strongly recommend that a family member to attend the awards ceremony. Please contact us if you have any concerns for this requirement.